Do you want to help develop World Expression Forum Youth?
Employer: Norwegian Festival of Literature
Position title Project Manager World Expression Forum Youth
Application deadline: 07.08.2023
Form of employment: Fixed term
The World Expression Forum (WEXFO) aims to safeguard and strengthen freedom of expression globally. It is a common arena for everyone who sees freedom of expression as a prerequisite for global, sustainable development. WEXFO is a non-profit limited company with key local, national, and international organizations among its shareholders. WEXFO’s production services are provided by the Norwegian Festival of Literature, which, in addition to organizing the most significant literature festival in the Nordic region, also manages a large production environment. The position as Project Manager WEXFO Youth involves employment at the Norwegian Festival of Literature with office space in Lillehammer Library and Literature Scene.
We will strengthen the team working with WEXFO and are looking for a committed and effective project manager to lead our focus on young people’s participation in democracy. You will be responsible for planning, developing, and following up on WEXFO’s projects for children, young people, and young adults, which is a growing area of focus. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with great development opportunities. Project Manager WEXFO Youth is part of the WEXFO team and reports to the Head of Administration.
- Plan and develop WEXFO Youth Lillehammer and WEXFO Youth Network Conference according to strategy and budget.
- Coordinate WEXFO Young Experts in collaboration with Utøya.
- Develop and coordinate Alumni WEXFO Young Experts Utøya.
- Coordinate and lead WEXFO’s Youth Councils.
- Contribute to application writing and reporting.
- Represent and present WEXFO Youth in national and international forums.
- Lead the development of the database for Youth Participation in Society projects.
We are looking for someone with:
- Good communication skills both orally and in writing, in Norwegian and English.
- High work capacity and ability to implement.
- Efficient, independent, and structured.
- Motivating, good pedagogical skills.
- Experience working with young people is an advantage
With us, you get:
- Exciting and challenging work tasks
- A pleasant working environment with competent and committed colleagues
- Flexible working hours
- Good development opportunities
The work tasks may change according to WEXFO’s needs at any given time.
The position requires flexibility and a willingness to work long hours before and during the conference. The workload varies throughout the year and it is desirable that you are able to adapt your working hours. Starting date and salary by agreement. Pension scheme.
We want colleagues who reflect the diversity of the population and encourage anyone who thinks the position sounds exciting to apply, regardless of age, gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, or disability.
An immediate start is desirable. Read more and apply here.
About the employer
The production services for WEXFO are provided by the Norwegian Literature Festival Foundation, which, in addition to organizing the largest literature festival in the Nordic region, also manages a large production environment. The position of Communications and Marketing Manager in WEXFO involves employment.
Organisation Location: Wiesesgate 2, 2609 Lillehammer
Office: Office at Littertaturfestivalen & Partly home office if desired
Title description: Project management
Working language: Engelsk
Daily manager at Norsk Litteraturfestival
Mobil: +47 918 18 374
Head of Administation WEXFO
Mobil +47 918 66 675